This month I’ve noticed that I’ve done a few bits for the first time – a lot of which were long overdue and I thought I’d write a quick blog post to relief myself from my dissertation work. Here’s 7 things I did for the first time this past month or so.
1. Drank green tea – I’m slowly trying to accustom myself to liking hot drinks so I can become a fully fledged member of British society and to not be given the evils when I say I drink neither coffee, or GOD FORBID… Tea. (It’s not working, I’m still not sold)
2. Checked my coat into a cloak room on a night out – I just normally have the thought process ‘I’ll be hot when I’m there’. However a recent trip all the way to Leicester for my friend’s birthday rapidly changed my mind.
3. Stayed past 10 at the library – I’m sure a lot of people will find this almost impossible to believe in third year but it’s true! I’m a morning person, often at the gym for 7am so allnighters just don’t cut it for me.
4. Added cocoa powder to my porridge – okay so not the healthiest, but god you should do this because it is YUM.
5. Wore a slanket – that is a blanket with sleeves for all you ignorant people hehe. The warmth of a onesie with the convenience being able to wee with ease. Perfect? I think so.
6. Went to a basketball game – and it was INCREDIBLE. I don’t even have a massive interest in the sport, but you really can’t help but get caught up in the atmosphere
7. Drank marshmallow vodka – okay so this was so yum. I smuggled some home in a water bottle tucked in between layers of jumpers. It was my prized possession for a while.
And one thing I still haven’t done – eaten a pot noodle. Worst student ever?
As you’ll know if you read my last blog post, I just got back from Canada and have a lot more to add to the list, but I don’t want to spoil this weekend’s post on everything I got up to!
What have you done this month that you’ve never done before?