I have officially had my last teaching session at university, ever, and I’m not quite sure how I feel about that. Besides trying my best to get a job, these are a couple of things that I really can’t wait to enjoy. It’s the simple things.
1. To not have people ask ‘so what are you actually going to do?’ with that bitchy tone they then try to retract.
2. To be able to pick a book, and READ IT FOR PLEASURE.
3. To be able to read said pleasure-reading book and it not feel like a bus man’s holiday.
4. To not be expected to be the font of all knowledge when it comes to literature
5. To guiltlessly devour trashy books which would make your lecturers sick. And enjoy them.