Okay, so it’s bank holiday, and while I still want to stick to my points give or take, I always like to make a bit more effort when it comes to breakfast. In the week it’s usually porridge, weetabix or scrambled eggs done in a hurry, but this one takes a bit more nurturing.
It’s still simple though, because seriously, who has time to be slaving over a pan in a morning. Not me. So just a few simple ingredients and we’re good…
ingredients – serves 1
100g sweet potato, finely diced
1/2 red onion finely sliced across the onion
20g chorizo sausage
1 medium egg
1 multigrain original Ryvita
1. Finely dice the potato and nuke in the microwave for a few minutes until softened
2. Meanwhile, fry the onions and chorizo together, stirring often
3. Add the potato and allow to get colour. Add a sprinkling of Italian herbs.
4. Create a well in the middle of your hash for your egg. Crack and plug any holes where egg white could escape. Leave for 2 minutes.
5. Place under the grill or in the oven until egg is set – about 10 minutes for me but I can’t stand runny egg white!
6. Serve with a Ryvita for dipping the yolk!
Simple yet delicious, and more effort than you’d make on a weekday. I’ll definitely be making this concoction again! Oh and weight watchers? It’s only 6pp!