I like following a recipe. But sometimes I like to get stuck in, experiment and take it back to just tasting for a great flavour.
Here’s a duck recipe I think you’ll love.
Ingredients serves 2
2 x duck breast portions, skin on
2 nests of wholewheat noodles
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
Now first of all, one of the things that puts me off most about cooking Chinese food is the inordinate amount of ingredients that can be in a single recipe. So I actually think this list is rather skinny.
1. Dry fry the duck breasts in a pan. Drain away the fat regularly, and fry skin side down until the skin is crispy. Take off, and place in the oven at 200 degrees C for 12 minutes for a gorgeous medium finish.
2. Meanwhile, drain off the excess oil from the pan then use the light coating remaining to fry the mangetout, pepper and mushrooms.
3. Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain.
4. Still in the pan, add the sesame oil, soy sauce and honey to the noodles and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Plate up, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!